[DCP-14] Season 1 Proposal: Ambassador Program

:weight_lifting_man:t6: Thanks for the fast feedback @Alex-Mammoth . Pushing it to October will give us more time to properly execute that to-do list and be ready for a successful Season 1.

:moneybag: Regarding the budget, itā€™s less about whether we should reduce the payout to the ambassadors. I think that itā€™s a fair sum individually. My point is more about understanding the overall costs to the DAO.

Weā€™ve got all these different costs from liquidity, marketing listing, ambassador programs, but we donā€™t have a strong overview of the total costs and their impact (through KPIs) too. With this Proposal adding another 1,200,000 RADAR to our total costs, it accelerated our need more transparency.

:bookmark_tabs: I know that @bayar our Head of Finance is currently working on a Treasury and Operations Workshop, so hopefully weā€™ll get a financial overview soon, so the DAO community can be better informed.

1 Like

:one: I agree with point #1 - @Apostleoffinance @WWWSpaceships @LucianoMathias @selimc @ringominer please drop any questions you have here

:two: I understand your point about the finances :moneybag:. Do you believe it might be reasonable to hang the budget discussion until we obtain a comprehensive financial overview for the DAO? Given that weā€™re postponing the program to October, do we have the opportunity to review the budget at a later time?
Also, once the proposal is voted on, does that signify the finalization of the budget, or can we revisit the proposal at a later time?

Using emojis in our comments is a nice touch. Kudos @vandynathan

:clap:t6: Good questions, imo, makes sense to continue with Proposal, as:

1. :alarm_clock: I donā€™t when the comprehensive financial overview would be ready
  2. :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t6: If the proposed ambassador budget is a serious roadblock, @bayar will intervene

But for the future, the community should have the ability to understand the DAO costs and RADAR outgoings more holistically.

:scroll: Regarding your last question, we donā€™t have clear guidelines around the revocation of an accepted budget so we would need to build a policy around that.

:tophat: And appreciate the kudos on emojis ā€“ itā€™s great for the visual learners

2 Likes

Great to see the Ambassador Program evolving. Thank you @Alex-Mammoth for putting this together and @vandynathan for contributing to this and supporting Alex.

The proposal looks promising, but I think it would be helpful for everyone to better understand what is the impact of the program on the DappRadar products, organization and RADAR.

I am reading the KPIs list (which Iā€™ve quoted below) and I think this is a very good starting point and Iā€™d love to see us expanding on the impact that each initiative can have on the DappRadar and RADAR ecosystem.

1. Brand Ambassador:

• Number of dapps successfully listed on DappRadar (3 per week)

Impact: I think this is super valuable because this helps us to remain the leader in dapp discovery and continuously increasing the number of dapps that users can discover and track. This will help DappRadar to attract more traffic (SEO), increase retention (better experience for user) and give DappRadar the ability to generate more accurate analytics because of the more comprehensive dapp coverage.

• Number of online events (2 per week)

Impact: This can help DappRadar online events to stand out and have an increasing number of participants and encourage more partners (and potential clients) to join those events, helping us to expand the brand reach.

2. Community Builder

• Number of new dapps successfully listed on DappRadar with assistance. (3 per week)

Impact: Similar to the first point in the Brand Ambassador, plus offering a better experience to dapp developers interested in listing their dapps on DappRadar.

• Number of ambassador-led events successfully planned & executed (2 per week)

Impact: :raising_hand_man:t2: I donā€™t have enough information about this

• Rate of managerial involvement in the ambassador program. (side-quest)

Impact: I believe this one can contribute to the overall success of the ambassador program and lowering the pressure on Alex, which is always positive.

3. Analyst

• Number of analytical pieces from in-depth topic explorations successfully utilized by the DappRadar content team. (2 per week)

• Number of analytical pieces from in-depth topic explorations successfully utilized by Ambassador content creators. (3 per week)

4. Educator

• Number of research-backed educational and knowledge base materials successfully utilized by the DappRadar content team. (2 per week)

Impact: This is super valuable, first of all because we can keep educating our community and leveling up their knowledge in the Web3 space and this is part of our mission. Additionally, this will help the content team to publish more interesting

• Number of research-backed educational and knowledge base materials successfully utilized by Ambassador content creators. (3 per week)

Impact: Very similar to the point above and aligned with our mission, but led and executed by the Ambassadors.

5. Content Creator

• Number of DappRadar-related content pieces shared on X and other social media platforms through personal profiles. (2 per week)

Impact: Social media (especially X/Twitter) remains at the core of our marketing strategy and getting more support for those activities is truly important. We remain focused on increasing our social media efforts and spreading the efforts across multiple venues will drive more traffic and awareness.

• Number of Content pieces generated & shared on DappRadar socials (2 per week)

Impact: Diversification of content is important and beside the points shared above, I believe this can also help us learn which type of content works better and allows the Ambassadors to experiment.

• Number of Ambassador-led events hosted (1 per week)

**Impact:**:raising_hand_man:t2: I donā€™t have enough information about this

Conclusion

Iā€™ve tried to share my point of view for each of the KPIs listed in the proposal and I hope this can help other community members to better understand the potential impact those initiatives can have on the DappRadar and RADAR ecosystem. If @Alex-Mammoth or @vandynathan would like to expand on any of the points before (especially the ones that I wasnā€™t sure whatā€™s the impact), that would be super valuable.

Letā€™s go :rocket:

3 Likes

i want to do this oneā€¦
A: Finding new dapps could prove difficult but with assistance i guess it could work but how can u be too sure they are safe or not? Encouraging other people to list there dapps i feel would be better cuz i wouldnā€™t want to be listing some of the stuff i use >.>

B I could do this easy if it was for 6 month between 10 ambassadors mix em up a bit but could have em doing 2 events for them each while last 2 are all together.

C: Alex does do alot id be in charge of the events tho? so id have to know what everyone was doing as well has trying to get the community more involved and active? simpler way to put it also if iā€™m not picked next lol i will be disappointed but im not gonna make a big deal out of it and good luck to who ever is picked but from what i can see thatā€™s what that bit is doing.

3 Likes

Thank you, Dragos for joining the discussion. I will surely cover the points that you missed or you do not have enough information, then @vandynathan will come as well and cover more :muscle:

Iā€™ll begin with all the :raising_hand_man:t2:

:raising_hand_man:t2::one: Community Builder

Number of ambassador-led events successfully planned & executed (2 per week)

To enhance our ambassador program and strengthen connections, Season 1 will feature events organized by our ambassadors. These events will cater to both the broader community and their specific DappRadar Ambassador Community. This effort will contribute to a more robust ambassador program, improve relationships, and ultimately benefit the entire DappRadar community by enhancing performance and commitment. A significant aspect of the Community Builder role involves nurturing and coordinating ambassador-led events (with my full 100% support, of course)

:raising_hand_man:t2::two: Analyst

Number of analytical pieces from in-depth topic explorations successfully utilized by the DappRadar content team. (2 per week)
Number of analytical pieces from in-depth topic explorations successfully utilized by Ambassador content creators. (3 per week)

Throughout Season 0 of the ambassador program, I observed that the Analyst role involved more content creation on social media than analytical or research tasks. With this in mind, we will encourage Analysts to utilize DappRadar data and other research tools to establish the factual basis for content needed by the DappRadar content team, research projects, or even ambassadors seeking data-driven materials for social media. This approach aligns with our brand, content strategy, and tone of voice to maintain a coherent data presence.
Essentially, the ambassador will serve as the source of wisdom for all data-driven content. They will explore various topics and narratives, backing them with data to establish a stronger presence. Additionally, their efforts will provide us with feedback, information, and insights into KPIs, data utilization, and other essential aspects we need to monitor on DappRadar.

:raising_hand_man:t2::three: Content Creator

Number of Ambassador-led events hosted (1 per week)

As mentioned in the Community Builder role, Ambassador-led events will be organized, and weā€™ll require someone to host and moderate the events open to the public. Given their role as content creators, they possess a deeper understanding of web3 and are adept at engaging with the public. This makes them the ideal candidates to host or moderate these public events.
Since one of the Ambassador-led events will be open to the public, the content creator (selected based on the event) will rotate this responsibility over the course of six months, resulting in frequent involvement. In addition, brand ambassadors will also serve as backup hosts, stepping in if content creators are unavailable, lack expertise in the topic, or choose to offer the opportunity to brand ambassadors to interact with the audience.

:dart: To sum up, weā€™ve observed that ambassadors havenā€™t been interacting with each other sufficiently in Season 0, leading to a weaker sense of community. With this fresh approach, I aim to facilitate enjoyable interactions and foster stronger relationships among them. After all, they play a central role in our community, and this dynamic significantly impacts the future of DAO operations and the entire DappRadar Community.

:exclamation: Letā€™s talk about the impact of the Ambassador program on DappRadar and our ecosystem.

I agree with all of what you mentioned, Dragos. However, thereā€™s an important point Iā€™d like to highlight for the community. Building a strong community, forming relationships, and smoothly transitioning to a DAO structure isnā€™t as easy as a snap from Thanosā€™ Infinity Gauntlet.
This is just the beginning. Through the Ambassador program, weā€™re laying the groundwork for our community network. Weā€™ll work together to nurture it and understand how the community interacts within the DAO, while also learning how to manage things transparently in a public setting.
Furthermore, weā€™re exploring how various marketing efforts can develop into marketing operations led by the DAO. This gives both the community and the core-team the power to make an impact together.

4 Likes

I know that you want it @madeafterdeath :smiley:
Youā€™re one of the eligible candidates for this role.

A: Certainly, the Brand Ambassadors will assist by directing them to the Community Builders. Moreover, weā€™re enhancing our Discord channel to provide better support for listing issues. The Community Builder wonā€™t need to stress much about the dappā€™s quality as we have a specialized team for that, and a blend of intuitive insights from both Brand Ambassadors and the Community Builder is essential to streamline the process. Iā€™ll also be involved to support the Community Builder throughout this process.

B: Planning and executing ambassador-led events are essential, as I mentioned in my comment here

C: The Community Builder will help ensure ambassadors communicate effectively by coordinating their work, preventing mix-ups in information, and addressing potential issues. Theyā€™ll mainly focus on the Ambassadorsā€™ small community, making sure everyone is happy and bringing to my attention anything that seems off or unclear, like a second eye.

Ash, this role will require you to step outside of your comfort zone, so take some time to think about that. We havenā€™t reviewed or chosen who will take on this role yet, but weā€™ll get to it in due time.

2 Likes

i expect to have to get on mic if i have to get a phone i willā€¦ Will be my dappradar phoneā€¦
I can use the mic in the events in discord easy u can tell i feel comfortable enough in discord. on twitter i donā€™t know its a broader audience + some of them people have like 1,000ā€™s of followers, Iā€™m just a nobody me who clearly thinks dappradars a win for anyone long run. (i will turn up to any DAO Ambassador twitter events tho if they are made)
Anything else u think i would worried about or if the team or your self are worried about on myside should pm me about it. =)

Also id add all the ambassadors to my friends list then properly stick them in a separate list make sure i see what they up to every week contact em a couple of hours before the event ect. i expect to be working with everyone of the ambassadors.

This is a very good point @madeafterdeath and the goal is to list as many dapps/projects as possible on DappRadar, Iā€™ll share a few points on why this is important:

1. Having the most comprehensive library of dapps is one of the main goals
  2. Listing dapps that are high risk or even potential scams is part of our mission as well, but not because we want to encourage users to use those dapps, but because this allows us to help users to be safe and avoid those dapps. We can label the smart contracts accordingly and external clients (wallets, security extensions, etc.) that are using the DappRadar API can alert their users when they are interacting with a dapp that is high risk or scam.
  3. Because SEO plays an important role for DappRadar, when someone searches on Google for the name of a potential scam or high risk dapp, they can find the DappRadar page for that dapp and theyā€™ll see that it was listed under High-Risk or labelled as scam and theyā€™ll avoid it (think TrustPilot).
  4. With curation coming in the future, getting ratings and reviews from the core community will help everyone to avoid scammy and risky dapps.
3 Likes

Im still learning but interested in learning more im still gathering all the details for future reference.

1 Like

I wasnā€™t thinking about it that way but way you put it with number 2 and 3 it makes more sense.

and number 1 and 4 can try and make an event of these two.

2 Likes

My 2 cents on the impacts that events could have:

:raising_hand_man:t2::one: Community Builder : Number of ambassador-led events successfully planned & executed

ā†’ Beside the brand awareness, this type of event could improve the skills of a web3-literate community.
These events could generate more DappRadar power users which would then spread the words among friends and on social.

We could even combine :one: and :two: (and mb :three: )
ā†’ i.e. ask Analysts to share their findings/knowledge/way of using DappRadar to unearth info.
That way all other DappRadar ambassador would become more knowledgeable. They could then spread the word within their own community and share their findings on social. (:arrow_up: brand awareness, SEO, DR literacy)

4 Likes

Update

As we approach the commencement of the program, adjustments will be made to align with strategic decisions regarding roles and our methodologies. The roles of ā€œEducatorā€ and ā€œAnalystā€ will now be integrated as sub-roles under the ā€œContent Creatorā€ umbrella. Additionally, we will enhance the ā€œBrand Ambassadorā€ role, increasing its count to three.Our main objectives are twofold:

• Boosting Developer Engagement and Visibility: We aim to motivate a greater number of dapps to list on DappRadar on specific chains to bolster their developer engagement. This will not only enhance the volume of data, smart contracts, and wallets we monitor but also elevate user engagement and strengthen our relationship with the chain.
  • Augmenting Social Media Engagement: With the recent launch of our insights and DAO accounts, we are keen on amplifying our social media presence. This will enrich our marketing endeavors, elevate DappRadar brand awareness on social platforms, and further engage the community in our initiatives.

With the emphasis on the Brand Ambassador role being pivotal, weā€™ll be evaluating the effectiveness of our ambassadors in boosting dapp listings. After a 3-month assessment period, if the results align with our expectations, weā€™ll maintain the current strategy. If not, weā€™ll explore the possibility of allocating an additional budget to onboard more brand ambassadors.

Brand Ambassador

• Dapp Engagement: Successfully list between 5 to 10 new dapps on DappRadar weekly.
  • Event Attendance: Consistent attendance at ambassador-led events.

Community Builder

• Project Connection: Successfully establish contact or connection with a minimum of two new projects weekly.
  • Ambassador-led Event Execution: Successfully plan and execute at least one ambassador-led event every week.
  • Managerial Involvement in Ambassador Program (when applicable): Track the rate or frequency of managerial involvement in the ambassador program.

Content Creators

• Content Sharing on Personal Profiles: Share at least two DappRadar-related content pieces on X or other social media platforms weekly.
  • Collaborative Content Production: Collaboratively produce and disseminate a minimum of two content pieces on DappRadarā€™s social channels every week.
  • DappRadar DAO Event Hosting: Successfully coordinate and ensure a DappRadar DAO event is held each week, rotating responsibility among Content Alchemists based on availability.

I will contact the ambassadors to confirm their agreement on their roles then will post an update on the new lineup in below.

5 Likes

GM :sunny:
Weā€™re excited to kick off Season 1 of our Ambassador Program! With a fresh approach, new faces, and our unwavering commitment to the DAO community.

Our Mission?
:earth_africa: Empower the DAO community
:rocket: Shape its future leaders
:mega: Boost DappRadarā€™s marketing initiatives

Drumroll, please :drum:

New Ambassadors :tada: Welcome onboard:
:small_orange_diamond: Nathan - @0xxNathan
:small_orange_diamond: Ash - @ashboothman
:small_orange_diamond: Berry - @BerriesCrypto
:small_orange_diamond: Web3Lady - @FavouredFaith6
:small_orange_diamond: Andaline - @i_andalynne
:small_orange_diamond: Maddy - @NeonKinesis
With passionate Web3 enthusiasts like you, we can only envision a luminous horizon for the DAO. :star2:

Shoutout to the OGs :raised_hands: Great to see you again:
:small_orange_diamond:Luciano - @LucianoMathias
:small_orange_diamond:Selim - @selim_jpeg
:small_orange_diamond: Tunmise - @TunmiseOlaoluw1
:small_orange_diamond: Mike - @WWWSpaceships

Whatā€™s Coming Up?
:small_blue_diamond: Comprehensive onboarding
:small_blue_diamond: Introduction call with our vibrant community
:small_blue_diamond: Showcase of tasks
:small_blue_diamond: Launching the program with full vigor

Want more details? Dive right in :point_right: Notion

2 Likes

GM Ladies and Gentlemen

Hereā€™s a quick update on our Ambassadors and their activities from last week, plus a little bit on the Prova side of things. We saw some impressive contributions from a few Ambassadors, while others had a quieter week ā€“ probably just a slow start.

We are formulating a plan aimed at optimizing the work of our Ambassadors, ensuring a favorable balance between the value they provide and the tasks they undertake.

Below is a brief overview of whatā€™s been accomplished:
Total # of X posts - 67
Total # of Views - 24,687
Total # of Likes - 762
Total # of Retweets - 157
Total # of Dapps listed - 37
Total # of Dapps contacted - 25
Total # of Twitter Spaces - 1
Total # of Posts generated for DappRadar accounts - 0

If youā€™ve got questions or thoughts, feel free to reply below.
Additionally, Iā€™ll be passing the mic to David, who will lead the updates for next week and provide us with a quick overview of the Ambassadorsā€™ progress.

As he takes the helm of this initiative, letā€™s dive in and stay tuned for more insights. :point_down:

3 Likes

So we reached out to each Ambassador and proposed the following:
Brand Outreach

Selim:
Monitor major DAOs and write a report on their activities.
For example, proposals, community events etcā€¦
Mike:
Hosting Twitter spaces and is in charge of it.
Kicking off the spaces with a quick update on Dappradar activities and such then going on with their space.

Content Creators

Berry and Madison:
Post about DappRadar on their socials.
Luciano:
Writing the PRO newsletter for our members on Discord, keeping our PRO users well informed in what goes on in the industry.
Web3Lady:
List of Airdrops alpha trending tokens to our PRO members

Community Knights

Ash, Andalynne and Sidney:
List 5 to 10 Dapps per week on DappRadar. Focusing on Polygon and zkSync.
Tunmise:
Starting and leading the Nigerian Community on Telegram.
Distribute DappRadar announcements in the Telegram channel while Motivating the community members to participate in quests.

We are waiting for their confirmation before finalizing and pushing a final update; they have time to discuss and give us answers.

As Alex did not have much time to properly review the Season 1 Ambassador program, we worked collaboratively on reviewing and understanding the future of the DappRadar Ambassador program. This included DAO initiatives, community initiatives, local expansions, social media presence, and chain outreach contributions. All of these were taken into consideration.The changes we proposed will affect the strategy of the Ambassador program. Initially, Alex overlooked a couple of aspects of the Ambassador program that should be covered.
With these new changes, we will work on creating a better long-term strategy for the program.
We will be working on a strategy plan for the next two seasons, outlining how each role will evolve. We will share this with the rest of the Community, so stay tuned.

2 Likes

sounds good nice reform glad events is off my shoulders =D

2 Likes

Sounds good for me too as i am already an newsletter writer and manage a lot of content!

3 Likes

Good Morning David, We have already discussed this in Discord and but for records I wanted to respond here that I love these changes personally and am looking forward to hosting these spaces for DappRadar!

3 Likes

First week of 2024 has already passed, and we are now in the fifth week of the ambassador program (excluding the onboarding). It has been two months since we started the program, and here is the progress we have made:

Week 2 Update:

I joined in Week 2 and implemented some changes to the program, adjusting its structure. This resulted in a temporary decrease in impressions and post engagement, which is a natural outcome. Despite this, Crypto Berries, with Maddyā€™s involvement, has shown impressive performance. Alex plans to collaborate closely with Maddy to boost her posts and impressions on X. We expect these efforts to positively impact our metrics in the upcoming weeks.

Holiday Season Impact:

The holiday season has led to a decrease in activity as many ambassadors were occupied with family commitments and personal matters. Consequently, we excluded the week of December 25th to January 1st from our calculations, acknowledging the importance of work-life balance for our ambassadors.

The Progress:

• Weā€™ve successfully listed several new projects and observed a rebound in engagement on Platform X after New Yearā€™s.
  • There has been a minor decline in activity for the projects listed after the holidays, but overall, the community knights have performed exceptionally well.
  • The newsletters from Luciano and Web3Lady are attracting attention, with 81 viewers on that channel, surpassing our expectations. We aim to increase this number with additional promotions.
  • The Nigerian community has shown remarkable growth. With the efforts of Tunmise, weā€™ve increased our numbers from 20 to 84, primarily through word-of-mouth. Plans are in place to promote on DappRadar social channels, specifically targeting the Nigerian community, to further empower and engage them.

In summary, we are on a positive trajectory and looking forward to more growth and engagement in the coming weeks.

Week 3

Number of PRO Content from Ambassadors - 2
Number of Views on the PRO x Ambassador channel - 70
Number of Members Telegram Nigeria - 18

Week 4

Number of PRO Content from Ambassadors - 2
Number of Views on the PRO x Ambassador channel - 81
Number of Members Telegram Nigeria - 22

Charts :point_down:

Weekly_Posts_vs._Impressions_Comparison
Weekly_Social_Media_Engagement_Analysis
Weekly_Projects_Listed