[DCP-14] Season 1 Proposal: Ambassador Program

My 2 cents on the impacts that events could have:

:raising_hand_man:t2::one: Community Builder : Number of ambassador-led events successfully planned & executed

→ Beside the brand awareness, this type of event could improve the skills of a web3-literate community.
These events could generate more DappRadar power users which would then spread the words among friends and on social.

We could even combine :one: and :two: (and mb :three: )
→ i.e. ask Analysts to share their findings/knowledge/way of using DappRadar to unearth info.
That way all other DappRadar ambassador would become more knowledgeable. They could then spread the word within their own community and share their findings on social. (:arrow_up: brand awareness, SEO, DR literacy)

4 Likes

Update

As we approach the commencement of the program, adjustments will be made to align with strategic decisions regarding roles and our methodologies. The roles of “Educator” and “Analyst” will now be integrated as sub-roles under the “Content Creator” umbrella. Additionally, we will enhance the “Brand Ambassador” role, increasing its count to three.Our main objectives are twofold:

• Boosting Developer Engagement and Visibility: We aim to motivate a greater number of dapps to list on DappRadar on specific chains to bolster their developer engagement. This will not only enhance the volume of data, smart contracts, and wallets we monitor but also elevate user engagement and strengthen our relationship with the chain.
  • Augmenting Social Media Engagement: With the recent launch of our insights and DAO accounts, we are keen on amplifying our social media presence. This will enrich our marketing endeavors, elevate DappRadar brand awareness on social platforms, and further engage the community in our initiatives.

With the emphasis on the Brand Ambassador role being pivotal, we’ll be evaluating the effectiveness of our ambassadors in boosting dapp listings. After a 3-month assessment period, if the results align with our expectations, we’ll maintain the current strategy. If not, we’ll explore the possibility of allocating an additional budget to onboard more brand ambassadors.

Brand Ambassador

• Dapp Engagement: Successfully list between 5 to 10 new dapps on DappRadar weekly.
  • Event Attendance: Consistent attendance at ambassador-led events.

Community Builder

• Project Connection: Successfully establish contact or connection with a minimum of two new projects weekly.
  • Ambassador-led Event Execution: Successfully plan and execute at least one ambassador-led event every week.
  • Managerial Involvement in Ambassador Program (when applicable): Track the rate or frequency of managerial involvement in the ambassador program.

Content Creators

• Content Sharing on Personal Profiles: Share at least two DappRadar-related content pieces on X or other social media platforms weekly.
  • Collaborative Content Production: Collaboratively produce and disseminate a minimum of two content pieces on DappRadar’s social channels every week.
  • DappRadar DAO Event Hosting: Successfully coordinate and ensure a DappRadar DAO event is held each week, rotating responsibility among Content Alchemists based on availability.

I will contact the ambassadors to confirm their agreement on their roles then will post an update on the new lineup in below.

5 Likes

GM :sunny:
We’re excited to kick off Season 1 of our Ambassador Program! With a fresh approach, new faces, and our unwavering commitment to the DAO community.

Our Mission?
:earth_africa: Empower the DAO community
:rocket: Shape its future leaders
:mega: Boost DappRadar’s marketing initiatives

Drumroll, please :drum:

New Ambassadors :tada: Welcome onboard:
:small_orange_diamond: Nathan - @0xxNathan
:small_orange_diamond: Ash - @ashboothman
:small_orange_diamond: Berry - @BerriesCrypto
:small_orange_diamond: Web3Lady - @FavouredFaith6
:small_orange_diamond: Andaline - @i_andalynne
:small_orange_diamond: Maddy - @NeonKinesis
With passionate Web3 enthusiasts like you, we can only envision a luminous horizon for the DAO. :star2:

Shoutout to the OGs :raised_hands: Great to see you again:
:small_orange_diamond:Luciano - @LucianoMathias
:small_orange_diamond:Selim - @selim_jpeg
:small_orange_diamond: Tunmise - @TunmiseOlaoluw1
:small_orange_diamond: Mike - @WWWSpaceships

What’s Coming Up?
:small_blue_diamond: Comprehensive onboarding
:small_blue_diamond: Introduction call with our vibrant community
:small_blue_diamond: Showcase of tasks
:small_blue_diamond: Launching the program with full vigor

Want more details? Dive right in :point_right: Notion

2 Likes

GM Ladies and Gentlemen

Here’s a quick update on our Ambassadors and their activities from last week, plus a little bit on the Prova side of things. We saw some impressive contributions from a few Ambassadors, while others had a quieter week – probably just a slow start.

We are formulating a plan aimed at optimizing the work of our Ambassadors, ensuring a favorable balance between the value they provide and the tasks they undertake.

Below is a brief overview of what’s been accomplished:
Total # of X posts - 67
Total # of Views - 24,687
Total # of Likes - 762
Total # of Retweets - 157
Total # of Dapps listed - 37
Total # of Dapps contacted - 25
Total # of Twitter Spaces - 1
Total # of Posts generated for DappRadar accounts - 0

If you’ve got questions or thoughts, feel free to reply below.
Additionally, I’ll be passing the mic to David, who will lead the updates for next week and provide us with a quick overview of the Ambassadors’ progress.

As he takes the helm of this initiative, let’s dive in and stay tuned for more insights. :point_down:

3 Likes

So we reached out to each Ambassador and proposed the following:
Brand Outreach

Selim:
Monitor major DAOs and write a report on their activities.
For example, proposals, community events etc…
Mike:
Hosting Twitter spaces and is in charge of it.
Kicking off the spaces with a quick update on Dappradar activities and such then going on with their space.

Content Creators

Berry and Madison:
Post about DappRadar on their socials.
Luciano:
Writing the PRO newsletter for our members on Discord, keeping our PRO users well informed in what goes on in the industry.
Web3Lady:
List of Airdrops alpha trending tokens to our PRO members

Community Knights

Ash, Andalynne and Sidney:
List 5 to 10 Dapps per week on DappRadar. Focusing on Polygon and zkSync.
Tunmise:
Starting and leading the Nigerian Community on Telegram.
Distribute DappRadar announcements in the Telegram channel while Motivating the community members to participate in quests.

We are waiting for their confirmation before finalizing and pushing a final update; they have time to discuss and give us answers.

As Alex did not have much time to properly review the Season 1 Ambassador program, we worked collaboratively on reviewing and understanding the future of the DappRadar Ambassador program. This included DAO initiatives, community initiatives, local expansions, social media presence, and chain outreach contributions. All of these were taken into consideration.The changes we proposed will affect the strategy of the Ambassador program. Initially, Alex overlooked a couple of aspects of the Ambassador program that should be covered.
With these new changes, we will work on creating a better long-term strategy for the program.
We will be working on a strategy plan for the next two seasons, outlining how each role will evolve. We will share this with the rest of the Community, so stay tuned.

2 Likes

sounds good nice reform glad events is off my shoulders =D

2 Likes

Sounds good for me too as i am already an newsletter writer and manage a lot of content!

3 Likes

Good Morning David, We have already discussed this in Discord and but for records I wanted to respond here that I love these changes personally and am looking forward to hosting these spaces for DappRadar!

3 Likes

First week of 2024 has already passed, and we are now in the fifth week of the ambassador program (excluding the onboarding). It has been two months since we started the program, and here is the progress we have made:

Week 2 Update:

I joined in Week 2 and implemented some changes to the program, adjusting its structure. This resulted in a temporary decrease in impressions and post engagement, which is a natural outcome. Despite this, Crypto Berries, with Maddy’s involvement, has shown impressive performance. Alex plans to collaborate closely with Maddy to boost her posts and impressions on X. We expect these efforts to positively impact our metrics in the upcoming weeks.

Holiday Season Impact:

The holiday season has led to a decrease in activity as many ambassadors were occupied with family commitments and personal matters. Consequently, we excluded the week of December 25th to January 1st from our calculations, acknowledging the importance of work-life balance for our ambassadors.

The Progress:

• We’ve successfully listed several new projects and observed a rebound in engagement on Platform X after New Year’s.
  • There has been a minor decline in activity for the projects listed after the holidays, but overall, the community knights have performed exceptionally well.
  • The newsletters from Luciano and Web3Lady are attracting attention, with 81 viewers on that channel, surpassing our expectations. We aim to increase this number with additional promotions.
  • The Nigerian community has shown remarkable growth. With the efforts of Tunmise, we’ve increased our numbers from 20 to 84, primarily through word-of-mouth. Plans are in place to promote on DappRadar social channels, specifically targeting the Nigerian community, to further empower and engage them.

In summary, we are on a positive trajectory and looking forward to more growth and engagement in the coming weeks.

Week 3

Number of PRO Content from Ambassadors - 2
Number of Views on the PRO x Ambassador channel - 70
Number of Members Telegram Nigeria - 18

Week 4

Number of PRO Content from Ambassadors - 2
Number of Views on the PRO x Ambassador channel - 81
Number of Members Telegram Nigeria - 22

Charts :point_down:

Weekly_Posts_vs._Impressions_Comparison
Weekly_Social_Media_Engagement_Analysis
Weekly_Projects_Listed

6 Likes

With this in mind

• Our goal is to elevate our impressions to over 10,000 and consistently maintain more than 15 dapps listed.
  • Additionally, we plan to organize more spaces with Mike, who is now actively engaged again.
  • In collaboration with Selim, we are developing an educational content strategy, spearheaded by Alex, to enhance community knowledge (further KPIs from Alex to be provided soon).

Regarding Mike’s recent spaces:

• Tuned in: 92
  • Live listeners: 88
  • Duration: 1 hour, 1 minute, and 12 seconds.
5 Likes
  • The newsletters from Luciano and Web3Lady are attracting attention, with 81 viewers on that channel, surpassing our expectations. We aim to increase this number with additional promotions.

I like these. they do a really good job with them.

Thanks for the update as well david its nice to see all that and know how things are coming along.

2 Likes

Thanks for the updates, this is really helpful and it is an efficient way to stay up to date with the progress.

I stumble upon Crypto Berries tweets quite often lately, which is nice! Let’s go team :rocket:

3 Likes

Ambassador Leave Policy, Replacement Strategy, and Reintegration Plan

Objective:

To ensure a healthy work-life balance for our ambassadors, recognizing their need for occasional breaks due to health issues, other work commitments, or personal reasons. We are committed to respecting their personal and professional needs while maintaining the efficiency of our program.

Application Process for Leave:

• Ambassadors wishing to take a break can apply using a designated form.
  • The form must be completed in full, detailing the reasons for the requested leave.
  • Each request will be evaluated individually, and ambassadors will receive a response following a thorough assessment.

Leave Guidelines:

• Ambassadors must provide advance notice of their intended leave.
  • The leave period will be unpaid.
  • Ambassadors are required to complete any pending tasks prior to their leave.
  • Depending on the duration of the absence, a decision will be made regarding the need for a temporary replacement:
    • For extended absences, we will consider candidates from our existing pool of applicants to fill the role temporarily.
    • For short-term absences, we may opt to wait for the ambassador’s return rather than onboard a new person.

Onboarding Process for Temporary Ambassadors:

• New ambassadors joining mid-season will be fast-tracked into active tasks.
  • The onboarding schedule includes:
    • First 3 days: Understanding and learning assigned tasks.
    • Next 3 days: Task execution.
    • Seventh day: Performance evaluation.
  • Based on the evaluation:
    • Successful completion leads to formal inclusion in the team.
    • Mixed performance will result in a detailed review; ambassadors showing a commitment to improvement and agreement to mitigate issues will be retained.
    • In cases of poor performance, the individual will be replaced.
  • If a temporary ambassador performs exceptionally well, they may have a higher chance to remain longer and potentially join the next season.

Reintegration Plan for Returning Ambassadors with Payment Policy:

• The process for reintegrating ambassadors after their leave will be carefully managed, focusing on the duration of their absence, the timing of their return, and the payment policy during reintegration.
  • Short-Term Absence with No Replacement:
    • Ambassadors returning from a short leave will resume business as usual.
    • Payment resumes as they start working on their tasks again.
  • Long-Term Absence with Replacement (During Active Season):
    • If the season is still active, the returning ambassador may have to wait until the next season to rejoin.
    • The returning ambassador will not receive payment until they officially resume their tasks at the start of the new season.
  • Early Return Before Pre-Set Date:
    • Ambassadors returning early will need to wait until the original return date to resume their tasks.
    • They will not be paid during this waiting period until they resume their assigned tasks.

Learning and Improvements:
We acknowledge the need for a task-based payment structure and are exploring ways to implement this without overly complex manual tracking.

5 Likes

When I initially planned the program, I overlooked a significant component of the process. Thankfully, with David’s assistance, we have now developed a policy, marking the first of many as we continue to enhance our policy framework. This is a positive development for the future of the ambassador program.

Moreover, as mentioned, we should consider task-based payments as the next area of focus, making necessary adjustments to the future ambassador seasons. Additionally, following recent internal discussions, we plan to slightly shift the strategy of the ambassador program towards a governance model. This will pave the way for the introduction of the MetaGovernors. In general, the ambassador program require considerable strategic adjustments.

I know, I know. Some people might be feeling tired from the constant changes. But how many changes are necessary to improve this program? Well, a lot! So, buckle up – we’re all in this ride together.

3 Likes

im happy to do what ever with task changes/changes think its something i need to get use to as more and more stuff get rolled out.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @David ! We are still at the early stage of this program so it is sometimes really hard to plan every single process beforehand. This will even keep evolving. Thanks again for taking this initiative and setting up a process for such situations.

2 Likes

As I take a moment to reflect and write this message, the word “goodbye” feels both heavy and hopeful. I’m embarking on an indefinite leave, stepping back from the vibrant world of the dapp store to focus on work and personal growth within the ever-evolving landscape of web3. This isn’t a farewell, but a pause, with the promise that I’ll return when the time is right, bringing new insights and experiences to share with all of you.

During this period, I’m not disappearing entirely. I encourage you to follow my journey and share your projects and achievements with me. Your innovations and creativity are what make this community so extraordinary, and I look forward to seeing how you all continue to shape the future of web3.

Lastly, I would like to take this opportunity and extend my gratitude to DappRadar as well as all the people who have been involved in this journey. The support as well as all the opportunities you have placed me has been nothing short of a benefit. I am profoundly grateful, especially to @Alex-Mammoth who has been a phenomenal partner in this journey. Your guidance and help have meant the world to me, and I’m grateful for everything.
:pray:

4 Likes

Good luck selimc hope it all goes well for you. hope we do see you in the future again.

2 Likes

Thank you, ser, for your service. Until next time, the doors are always open. And again, your contribution to providing content and knowledge to us is much appreciated. Wen SelimGPT? It is a must!

2 Likes

This was a tough one to read, especially as you’ve been one of the OG Ambassadors. But excited that you’ll be sticking around in the web3 space. Thank you for your commitment and expertise over the last year, we’ll stay in sync with your moves through the socials.

Building Rome didn’t take a day, and neither will building the World’s Dapp Store. So looking forward to when you’re ready to pop back to building with the DAO.

1 Like