SWAT analysis of DappRadar shows strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats just for discussion

I try to prepared a SWOT analysis for DappRadar that reveals strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in briefly
I know the report is inaccurate the report is just an idea that I wanted to present to DappRadar community and through it with community help and through discussion and comments we can build correct report
to be useful for DappRadar and be able to summarize the current situation
and I want help from the community
please I hope to get ideas, comments and corrections for errors in this report

Please tell me in comments or contact me directly your opinion and ideas for modifying report

the report is just for discussion,and of course at in the end of the discussion we will reach useful things be benefit for DappRadar project
and in the end, from community comments I will write it again in better way

Of course the community has better information and ideas than me

4 Likes

Another amazing initiative @mixmore. And it comes at a significant time for Dapp Radar too ā€“ as weā€™re transitioning to becoming the worldā€™s dapp store and giving the community more power and control over the DappRadar product and roadmap.

This is why the forum was set up actually, for us, as a community, to start jointly exploring the opportunities and risks and tackle them together.

I agree with the strengths, I would add that we have the first mover advantage in the industry ā€“ strategically aligned and active investors too, and a community with growing participation.

Opportunities are looking great, really excited to see more talents getting involved in the community, such as yourself ā€“ and also the partnerships with other DAOs and crypto projects as the DAO becomes more community driven.
It will be good to start exploring the DAO native revenue streams that are available here.

Regarding the weaknesses, I would be curious as to what you mean by DappRadar needing a new and different vision.

I say this because thereā€™s already a growing vision seen in our DappRadar White Paper ā€“ which highlights how we will become a community-owned dapp store by leveraging to the power of contribute2earn. There are already some great signs in that direction with the layer3 bounties that recently launched, and the team will start scaling those efforts soon.

I think this will also lead to more community interaction, but do feel free to expand on any ideas how we can do that too.

Also interested in what you mean by the products need more creativity!

The threats make sense too. The main way to mitigate many of these threats is to keep on delivering on the product side, and also to make sure that are able to source the best ideas and contributors from our community to scale the efforts of the team too.

3 Likes

I like your SWOT analysis, and I think it can serve as a good starting point for some interesting conversations and perhaps future plans for DappRadar. My personal take on some of these, mainly aimed at the weaknesses and threats.

• Community interaction isnā€™t optimal. From a content POV weā€™re going to focus more on DappRadar as a product, making ourselves more the talking point. I think thatā€™s pretty important.
  • Your points 2, 3, 4 and 5 seem a bit out of place. Donā€™t agree there. However, I DO agree that thereā€™s a possibility to further develop and improve existing products, usability flows, user experience etc.
  • Crypto market down is something weā€™ve dealt with before, and we will again in the future. Itā€™s something inconvenient for sure, but weā€™re prepared for that.
  • Similar products: obviously there are products that offer somewhat similar products. But these ALWAYS aim at a niche (DeFi only, or Ethereum only) - weā€™re broader, cover more. I rather think this ties to the earlier point that certain products can use further development.

Perhaps itā€™s interesting for you to know that we ARE redeveloping our existing products: Rankings and Dapp Page. These will connect better, and than should improve the UX a lot. During the Community Call our head of product Nick shared that these should be finished by the end of Q3. So thatā€™s September.

On many of your points you touch on important topics: I think youā€™re rightā€¦ adding development to existing products, establishing partnerships, and connecting with community are among the most important things we need to do.

4 Likes

Thank you for your comment @vandynathan

Your feedback about the report is definitely very important and will help me to rewrite it better
the point you mentioned

ā€œfirst mover advantage in the industry ā€“ strategically aligned and active investors tooā€

It is an important point I will add it to the report

These points

ā€œRegarding the weaknesses, I would be curious as to what you mean by DappRadar needing a new and different vision.ā€
ā€œAlso interested in what you mean by the products need more creativity!ā€

I will be posting more topics in next days and will explain my ideas and other things and I will explain what I means

I hope this made more interaction in the forum and encourages others to publish their own ideas
This will benefit DappRadar
This is definitely the purpose of the forum

Gradually, the forum will be a source of plans and ideas that help DappRadar build more success

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment and your feedback @nederob

Your comment is definitely very useful to me and to DappRadar community
It will help me to rewrite the report by better way and It opens a space for discussion and this is the main purpose

You mentioned many important points

The point you mentioned

ā€œFrom a content POV weā€™re going to focus more on DappRadar as a product, making ourselves more the talking point. I think thatā€™s pretty importantā€

It is an important point

Another point you mentioned

ā€œYour points 2, 3, 4 and 5 seem a bit out of place. Donā€™t agree thereā€

I am interested to know your opinion and why you see it out of place??

This is the purpose of report the discussion so please
I am interested in knowing your opinions and I will certainly rewrite the report based on your opinions to make it more accurate discussion and brainstorming is the main purpose

Finally we can present the ideas and plans to DappRadar community

This point

ā€œCrypto market down is something weā€™ve dealt with before, and we will again in the future. Itā€™s something inconvenient for sure, but weā€™re prepared for that.ā€

I think it is a very important point that should be discussed in the forum as a separate topic
What are the plans and ideas DappRadar own to cross this stage?
I think this is an important topic to discuss
I hope this point will be published as separate topic in the forum

This point

ā€œSimilar products: obviously there are products that offer somewhat similar products. But these ALWAYS aim at a niche (DeFi only, or Ethereum only) - weā€™re broader, cover more. I rather think this ties to the earlier point that certain products can use further development.ā€

This is also an important point that we need to do a deep analysis to the competitors
and a comparison between them and DappRadar
Through this analysis, we can extract ideas that help in developing DappRadar

Finally, thank you again for your comment and your ideas

1 Like

@mixmore ā€“
At weaknesses you mentioned ā€œproducts need creativityā€, I can get behind that. Itā€™s a bit of an open point for discussion. Then you followed with ā€œneed more productsā€. If you joined our Community Call #4 recently, we have lots of products in development. This includes updates to existing ones, and completely new ones. Over the past year weā€™ve introduced Portfolio on several blockchains, NFT Explorer, Token Swap and various other functionalities.

Instead of MORE products, Iā€™d much rather say something like: We need to determine which product defines DappRadar, and which product we want to help DappRadar grow. And then see how we integrate those two into each other. For example, arguably the Rankings are very important to DappRadar, so what can we do to make the User Accounts and Portfolio interact with that better?

Then you said ā€œNeed more investmentā€. My comment on this aligns with my comment on the bear market. Itā€™s also something @SkirmantasJ expressed in various calls. DappRadar is suited financially to survive the bear market. Weā€™re a young company but have been making profits and we generate revenue. That makes us resilient to the bear market. We keep working, building, growing and positioning our product for the next bull run.

ā€œNeed new and different visionā€ ā€“ with the introduction of the RADAR token, weā€™ve also repositioned ourselves as ā€˜the worldā€™s dapp storeā€™. This comes with some new challenges, new takes on product, new takes on content and so on. Itā€™s a process weā€™re in. Our vision is something along the lines of ā€˜strengthening our position as the number 1 discovery platform for dapps, build by millions used by billionsā€™.

This would require a focus on:

• dapp developers
  • experienced and beginner consumers
  • investors, companies (investments purposes)
  • media and researchers
2 Likes

My Thoughts on this Swat Love this idea as well would of never thought of it myself.

Strengths:
1: An Insight into dapps Rankings and whatā€™s going off in the crypto world.
2: A Active team that is about on discord 24 hours a day.
3: Itā€™s Own token to which Govern the future of the platform.
4:Pro user features like seeing latest nft mints ect <ā€”(personally i donā€™t use this but nft people certainly will)
5: Having said insight into these dapps and Defi platforms ,tokens helping to shape the future of radar is self.
6:The chance for the community to get involved in what is happing with dapp radar.
7:AMAā€™s and Interviews every week on discord or twitter.
8:Quiz day: yes yes Knowledge.(missed last one)
9:Portfoilio and Ntf viewer (has shown me nfts i didnā€™t know i had lol )
10:AirDrop: <----what first brought me to Dappradarā€¦(not won once :grinning: )

Opportunities:
1:The token is new there is so much that dappradar could be So first one id say is a chance for evolution of some aspects of the crypto world take the staking for example cross chain staking thatā€™s new and even tho people were taken a back by the fees this is still new and small step to evolving
2:The chance to find new talent with the contribute to earn program
3:The fact the team listens to people like us and takes time to respond can only mean its going to have alot of opportunities in the future the ability to adopt ideaā€™s and also critic them.
4:Partnerships: This is a must its a need if there is to be a decent staking program this has to happen people talk to us about there new game,Dapp,Platform what ever it is An interview then we get some tokens from them for the staking then maybe Possibly buy some out of the treasury and we start are own staking farm based around radar.
5:The chance to see radar become loads of things
6:Bingo days: Can bingo days be a thingā€¦we sit there with a ticket and a number comes out and first to get a line wins
7:Get in early while u canā€¦(its only Ā£0.01p)
8:We could see a Dappradar Game come out even
9:Endorcement: having another company want to use are product on there site instead of vise versa we want to be the demand.
10:Anything can happen this is crypto.
11:Elon musk saying hes using the platform right now.

Weakness:
1:Anything can happen this is crypto.(invest what u can afford to lose)
2:the need to use the platform other than to dapp check.
3:Itā€™s a New token taking on new ideas sometimes they come at a cost (feeā€™s People cry out loud) people should of been told them costs sooner i myself took it on the chin and understood what was happing other people not so much
4:Communications are way spread out i feel like Be nice if we could get convos like this in discord but thatā€™s a different sorta atmosphere but there are some things i just dont check on. (discord is my hub)
5:The Community in any large community you are going to get bad apples who try to ruin it for everybody and sadly these people come in groups the discord team handle that sorta stuff quiet well not seen them ban 1 person yet bigger we get tho bigger the trolls are gonna be. (haters gonna hate)
6:The contribute to earn: im scared to death some snakes gonna create some coding and just sneak it past everything and then bam!? i mean that is legit a hackers wet dreamā€¦(just to let everybody know)
(So who ever re-Views this stuff like why are u not doing it ur self? or u building up a team?)
7:We need them partnerships: need people willing to donate to the dapp causeā€¦
8:No binance listing i do believe.
9:I cant buy Radar token On Radar BNB. (this is a weakness yes)
10:Itā€™s a crypto token and i fear people can use robots to drain the pool. (i hated writing up 10 weaknesses but i spoke my mind about it)

Threats:
1:BOTS: they will legit straw drink the pool its what they are designed to doā€¦(is there any safe guard?)
2:Hackers: As we try different stuff people will try different ways to take advantage or Glitchā€™s ectā€¦
3:Bad Partnerships: No no no only 1ā€™sā€¦(plz only 1s if ever)
4:Professional Fudders: They are a thing.
5:Bad Timing: Sometimes doing stuff to early or too late can mean winning or losing
6:Bad Ideas: being adopted purely because of votes: (look at 1 they will be used if it means they get to burn it)
7:Elon musk saying he would never use dappradar in 1 billion years. (11:To Ops now)
8:Covid: Stay safe people.
9:Cross-chain: Scared like 30% of the tokens gonna end up in some poo token that bottoms out (polygon) <ā€“not saying its poo but what if binance goes bust. (ETH is safe but expensive but i like the safe bit more than i dislike the expensive bit)
10:Dappradar team and community giving up hope in the platform and project its self. (hope it never happens)

Anyways there what i think i put 10 in everything apart from op which has 1 lul moment.

2 Likes

@nederob thank you for your comment and your notes very important and thank you for sharing this with me this will help me to rewrite the report by better way

1 Like

@madeafterdeath Thank you for your comment you provide a great analysis and a different point of view of course it will help me in rewrite report by better way
but your analysis deserves to be in a separate topic and to be subject to discussion
you talking about important points and in great way

I want also add something your comment contain many points need to be topics to discussion and from that can extract many ideas can benefit DappRadar

2 Likes