Proposal for New DappRadar Dashboard – Feedback and Funding Request

Dear Team and Community,

I hope this message finds you all well.

As a Community Knight, I’ve had the pleasure of connecting with several members of our community. Recently, I’ve been collaborating with one of them, Currico, on an exciting new idea that could enhance the DappRadar platform.

After several discussions and brainstorming sessions, Currico has developed a prototype of a DappRadar Dashboard. This feature allows users to create a personalized list of their favorite dapps, all conveniently located in one place. The goal is to streamline the user experience by saving time and making it easier to access preferred dapps without needing to search for them each time.

The Dashboard is currently in its beta stage, and while we have not yet conducted full testing, it has made significant progress since its inception. We believe it has the potential to be a valuable addition to the DappRadar platform.

At this point, we are seeking feedback from the community and the team regarding the usefulness of this feature. We’d love to hear your thoughts on whether this is something you’d like to see integrated into the platform, and we welcome any suggestions for further improvements or additions to the Dashboard.

Additionally, we are requesting $3,000 in funding (in RADAR or USDT) to support the development of the Dashboard. This will help cover the costs of finalizing the feature for implementation, should it gain traction and interest. making this a relatively modest request for a tool that could greatly benefit our users.

Currico will be available to provide more detailed information on the functionality of the Dashboard. If you have any questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,
Ashley

6 Likes

Hello Team and Community,

I’ve been an active member of the crypto community for several years now. My journey in the crypto space has been driven by a strong belief in the principles of web3, freedom, and decentralization. While I engage in various activities like many others, my primary focus has always been on the utility and potential of blockchain technology.

The application was initially conceived for my personal use in a local environment. However, I ended up structuring it in a way that anyone can use it. My intention was not to create something specifically for DappRadar, but for myself. After some conversations, I saw the potential for others to benefit from it as well.

Currently, there are applications that offer similar solutions, but they are either limited in access or require payment. Our idea behind “DappBoard” is to provide PRO users of DappRadar with their own customizable link tree or DappBoard, configurable in both elements and design. This would offer more tools linked to DappRadar memberships. Additionally, the links are configurable and the boards shareable, allowing users to share their referral links and favorite applications directly from there.

We also have more features in the pipeline, ready to be developed based on the feedback we receive. Our goal is to complement the existing development efforts and enhance the platform, not to replace or overshadow the work of the current development team.

For testing purposes, I have set up a temporary link which may work or not depending on the changes we’re making. I will provide this link for anyone interested in testing the Dashboard and providing feedback.
dapp-board.vercel.app

Regarding the funding proposal, we are quite flexible. While we believe that the effort should be rewarded, we are open to discussing the form and amount. Most of this funding would be allocated to maintaining the service and scaling it.

I’m available for any questions or further discussions. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards, Currico

5 Likes

Well what does team think? i also been thinking of ideas for it to possible intergrate into the league as well possibly in future if team ever makes a DAO League. (with keeping track of nft league cards and stuff like that)

This is a poke.

Ash

2 Likes

First and foremost, the idea of “favoriting” dapps and having a personal dashboard, that has been on my mind for ages.

Therefore I applaud the idea.

That being said, I do feel this type of dashboard / service needs to tie in with the DappRadar platform deeper. In my personal dashboard I want to see data… how are my favorite dapps doing lately? And how is their token doing?

If it’s purely meant as a “quick launch pad”, with shortcut buttons, then it’s missing the point. We need to data to make the service actionable. Imagine people having this dashboard, they will need to be able to act on something. Data is key.

Now the question is, what type of data?

We could let the user determine that. for example:

1. Uniswap I want trading volume 7D, and UNI token price
  2. BAYC I want trading volume and average price
  3. The Sandbox I want UAW and dapp volume
    etc.

Depending on the dapp you may want different data available. Think you would need to tap into the API for this.

I do wonder what our Product team thinks about this.

As for this particular product and see it as a community-powered product, you COULD narrow it down. Make it about 1 product category, show 1 type of data, and make it into a mobile app. You could then monetize it with ads, or make it a paid service $1 / month or $3.99 for a year to use without ads.

4 Likes

GM, Frens!

To ensure more effective feedback, I’ve created this Google Form: https://forms.gle/4MCQDG4M9Np5JP6RA. The form will be shared on the DAO socials and internally with the DappRadar core team to help us gather feedback easily. We know that people don’t always have time to comment on forum posts, so a survey is a quicker and more convenient option.

The team has already considered this feature several times. It’s not something new or off the radar—it is in the pipeline. However, it’s currently a lower priority since we’re focusing on larger projects. By gathering feedback from the community, we’ll better understand the next steps. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

It should be offered to PRO members. This way, DappRadar would not only allow users to discover dapps but also keep them tracked.

I totally agree. The info button on each “dapp card” could work as a modal for users to view their tracked dapps data preferences.

I have been waiting for this. Currently, entire project is on free plans, and users preferences database & security managed by google.
Integrating it into Dappradar or using a more integrated approach would leverage its utility… by using the same dappradar account and data availability.

Thank you so much for taking the time to test it and share your thoughts,
i’m glad to see I’m not the only one who finds it useful, even though it can still be improved.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, the survey has been open for 13 days now, and we have received two submissions: one from @madeafterdeath and another from a random user discussing PRO 2.0 instead of the dashboard. This outcome is disappointing for me, so I plan to promote the survey one more time in hopes of gathering more feedback.

To add to the discussion, the team has this feature in the pipeline, as I mentioned in an earlier comment. It’s becoming challenging to determine whether this feature should be community-driven or developed by the DappRadar Devs at this stage. Currently, the DAO has an agreement with DappRadar UAB, which is contracted to deploy and update the ecosystem and continuously work on all features that the DappRadar DAO owns. (I hope I explained this correctly; I’m sure Nathan will correct me if needed.) So, I’m unsure how to address this. @vandynathan , your input on this matter would be appreciated!

It’s not that no one is interested; it’s more that people aren’t currently seeking out ways to contribute. Many want to focus on increasing the charts of RADAR, and if they perceive this effort as unnecessary, they won’t engage with it. Unfortunately, some community members don’t understand the correlation between PRO features and the RADAR token or how it serves as the utility token of the ecosystem. Therefore, improving the PRO experience is crucial for long-term sustainability.

For now, this discussion will remain in the general forum and won’t proceed to a proposal and then a snapshot until we receive more feedback from the community. I don’t anticipate that we’ll get much support from voters at this stage.

Let’s consider this a ‘Feature Discussion and Feedback’ rather than a funding-focused proposal until further notice.

1 Like

Sorry for jumping in later.

The focus should be on building ways in which users return to DappRadar. That is how we increase website KPIs, visibility in the market, loyalty, PRO, and revenue ultimately.

How do we achieve this? Employ the strategies of social media: create dopamine hits, personalise content, refresh content, create FOMO etc.

I don’t necessarily fancy the idea of a “Dashboard”.
That page should be a homepage for each logged in user, where the key features can be:

• widgets of favorite dapps
  • timeline of posts: AI enhanced posts about data trends (e.g. UNI is just up 5%, you can sell on xxx, RSI hit xx levels), posts from dapps to communicate with their communities, sponsored posts, etc.

This way, users would be incentivized to visit the site multiple times per day, and would create more engagement between dapps and their users. Think of an X.com but for web3 only and no scams.

WDYT?

Bayar, just a DAO member