Evolving Our PRO Airdrops Allocation: Seeking Your Insights

Hello DappRadar Community,

As we continue to grow and innovate, we’re always looking for ways to better serve and reward our loyal PRO users. Reflecting on our first PRO airdrop, where we allocated OP tokens equally among all eligible PRO users, we’re now taking steps to refine our approach to ensure fairness and to reward your contributions and engagement more accurately. With that goal in mind, we’re exploring new criteria for airdrop allocations that not only reward our most active and loyal users but also safeguard against any potential for fraud, such as the splitting of staked accounts for increased allocation.

Here’s what we’re currently discussing:

• Enhanced Fraud Detection: Implementing measures to identify and prevent account splitting and other fraudulent tactics, ensuring a fair distribution for all genuine participants.
  • Rewarding Contribution and Engagement: We want to acknowledge the PRO users who not only stake RADAR but also use our products and contribute to its growth. This includes participating in the Quests, engaging with the community, providing valuable feedback, and participating in discussions and activities.
  • Recognizing Longevity: It’s important to us that our long-term users feel valued. We’re considering how duration and consistency of engagement can be factored into our allocation system.

We Need Your Feedback!

This is where you come in. We’re not just building for the community; we’re building with the community. Your feedback is crucial in helping us shape a fair, transparent, and rewarding allocation system. Here are a few questions to kick off the discussion:

• What are your thoughts on what we are discussing for the allocation of PRO Airdrops?
  • Do you have any suggestions for detecting and preventing fraudulent activities effectively?
  • How can we best recognize and reward meaningful contributions and long-term engagement?
  • Are there any additional criteria or considerations you think we should include?

Your input will play a significant role in how we develop this system. We’re here to listen and learn from you, so let’s make the future of PRO Airdrops something we’re all proud to be a part of.

Looking forward to your thoughts and suggestions! :handshake:

10 Likes

Suggestions. i like the Rewarding Contribution and Engagement idea and the Recognizing Longevity Enhanced Fraud Detection these 3 are good ideas.
i asked a.i for suggestion on the DAO league bits i been doing and it suggested this one

Transparent Rules and Guidelines:

make some rules that we would expect users to stand by, if they are found out to be breaking said rules and they cant, Disprove it, Disqualified from the upcoming air drop, then allowing them to join the next one once they fixed it could help, Basically a slap on wrist to start with if they keep repeating it, banned from airdrops possibly, but rules would help. (If they already started doing it and u know just give them a warning for now and they can change it back or sell or do what they wanna do i can see a few throwing dummy out at this but its fair)

First rule is no doing multiple accounts.

3 Likes

Awesome post @ayseguls

As per DCP-19, it was established that PRO and its associated smart contracts is a DAO product. It’s therefore important provide transparency to the community and a say on how its developed. It was shared with the PRO community Discord last week, but to reiterate, it has been awesome to see the PRO community has been growing steadily over the last months as was start iterating more PRO exclusive features like Hot Contracts, advanced analytics and the like.

At the same time, there’ clearly a benefit from creating multiple PRO accounts and trying to farm the future airdrops. And so, the cat and mouse between airdop farmers and the PRO community begins.

I’ll start by saying, I’m a big fan of the Airdrop strategy currently executed by the team. It has already started getting old and new DappRadar users aware of RADAR, PRO and our DAO.

I completely agree with the three points mentioned @ayseguls. The airdrop strategy was built to consistently rewards our loyal PRO members as they have the most skin in the game, provide us with the most feedback, and they are more likely to be power users/RADAR envangelist. If we start rewarding those who multi-account, it will take away value from those that don’t cheat and provide real value.

Following, IMO, we should focus on the following KPIs for the Airdrop strategy:

• Increasing the number of PRO users
  • Increasing the number of RADAR help
  • Decreasubg the number of multi-accounters

There are three ways that we can distribute the rewards:

• Active wallet activity (age of wallet, frequency of activity)
  • Reputation (gamification level on DappRadar as this shows that they’ve been active in the DappRadar ecosystem, either specifically on our platform or engaging with DappRadar partners)
  • RADAR staked (the more RADAR staked should eventually connect to higher rewards as this will encourage individuals to keep rewards on one wallet, and also nudge them into being aware and using our Boosting feature)

I don’t necessarily believe that we need to be transparent before the airdop is shared but similar to @madeafterdeath, sharing the airdrop requirements afterwards is what would be important. Especially as each airdrop will be different too as sometimes it will come from a partner and other times it will come from our Community pool. By transparently sharing how we distribute rewards, it will help us create a dialogue with the community on what is fair and what is not, and the commmuity can even help identify what is fraudulent behavior, what wallets to blacklist etc.

If we do this properly, the community and partners should also start to get ROI, in terms of traffic, engagement and even token activity, especially if we start adding mirco-payments of subscripton-like features to PRO as a product.

2 Likes

‘Active wallet activity (age of wallet, frequency of activity)’ isn’t a good approach, as some people create new wallets to stake (safety). So ‘Recognizing Longevity’ only aka the user’s staking duration on our platform is a better approach; the longer, the higher the multiplier.

Gamification levels are promising, but not all PRO users participate in every quest. In the early stages, this might be unfair unless we introduce more PRO-exclusive quests with enticing rewards, balancing the reward-to-engagement ratio.

Based on RADAR staking amount building the multiplier is good, as it discourages wallet spreading.

So we need someone proficient in mathematics to devise fair distribution calculations for multipliers. Let’s keep it simple initially but establish solid standards as we gain more PRO users and deploy further enhancements. This will ensure that early adopters benefit, while newcomers are encouraged to engage more, rewarding and engaging all fairly.

Note:
The idea is to enable PRO users to gain:

• Good rewards from Quests for a better reward-to-engagement ratio
  • Good rewards from Airdrops
  • Rewards from staking
    This way PRO users are happy, and they will be more willing to engage and be part of DappRadar. However, if it does not provide them with enough substance, we won’t be able to retain the new and old ones. Let’s face it, we’re in Web3, where it’s all about “no money, no honey.”
3 Likes

People who stake their RADAR already get a juicy 15% APR. However, the PRO Airdrops should be beneficial to active participants in the ecosystem.

Reading the post from @ayseguls and the replies from @vandynathan @madeafterdeath and @Alex-Mammoth I come to the following:

• PRO Airdrops needs to be positioned as a reward for ACTIVE Web3 participants
  • We want to limit the possibility to do multi-accounting, or at least demotivate such behavior.

=============

That brings me to the following 4 rules:

• Support longevity: add bonus to staking rewards if staking happens for more than 3 months, 6 months and 1 year. Let’s say. Each period adds 10%

*** Motivate DAO engagement**: Vote on our governance proposals to keep your account in good standing – only if applicable, but adds 20%.

• Grow reputation: a mix of onchain action and on platform action. We could filter this in three groups: red, yellow and green. Where Red is no onchain activity, no platform activity. Yellow one of the two. Green is both onchain and platform activity. – For now, platform activity can be Quests, but it could be any form of gamification. If you earned x XP on DappRadar since the previous airdrop, you’re good.

• Financial involvement: 30,000 RADAR is the base reward. Every additional 30k could mean a 10% bonus. With a maximum of 50% bonus.

Random scenario
I stake 100,000 RADAR to be a PRO. Which earns me 100 points

• Did this for 6 months. So 20% in the support longetivity = 20 points
  • I voted on DCP-19, so 20% = 20 points
  • Wallet is staking only, no activity = 0 points. But I used my DappRadar account to earn XP through gamification. So I am in the yellow group. = 10 points.
  • I stake 100,000 RADAR, means means I get the base points + 20% = 20 points.
    This brings my total to 170 points

Passive whale scenario

• Stake 1,000,000 RADAR = 100 points
  • Did this for 6 months = 20 points
  • no voting
  • staking only, no platform activity = 0 points
  • stake 1M RADAR, is max points = 50 points
    This brings the total to 170 points

Active minimalist scenario

• Stake 30k = 100 points
  • 6 months = 20 points
  • voted = 20 points
  • Wallet DappRadar hot wallet + earned XP on platform = 20% / 20 points
  • Only base reward = no bonus
    Brings total to 160 points

Multi account scenario

• Stake 30k = 100 points
  • 3 months? no
  • voted? no
  • no onchain activity, no platform activity = 0
  • no bonus for surplus of RADAR = 0
    Points = 100 points

Now we need to work on those points. But this would allow us to identify which wallets farm, and which wallets participate. Then we only need to determine how much more an activity participants need to earn.

This way we reward both staking RADAR (removing it from the market), and we reward active participation on the platform/DAO. We can play with these numbers of course.

Each of these methods can be measured / tracked with the current infrastructure we have in place.

Bonus mechanic:
– require people to link their Twitter and Discord to their DappRadar account. Both are linked to phone numbers and therefore require additional efforts to multi-account. We already have this for Twitter / X, but I think adding Discord could help. – not linking Discord could come with a 50% penalty on airdrop rewards, for example. – however, this requires additional development ofc.

8 Likes

So we need someone proficient in mathematics to devise fair distribution calculations for multipliers. Let’s keep it simple initially but establish solid standards as we gain more PRO users and deploy further enhancements. This will ensure that early adopters benefit, while newcomers are encouraged to engage more, rewarding and engaging all fairly.

Going off this i thought of this:

between

30,000 / 50,000 radar staked = x 1 bonus = Automatic upon staking qualify for airdrop
60,000 / 90,000 radar staked = x 2 bonus = 12 months staked minimum to qualify
120,000 / 150,000 radar staked = x 3 bonus = 11 months staked minimum to qualify
180,000 / 210,000 radar staked = x 4 bonus = 10 months staked minimum to qualify
240,000 / 270,000 radar staked = x 5 bonus = 9 months staked minimum to qualify
300,000 / 330,000 radar staked = x 6 bonus = 9 months staked minimum to qualify
360,000 / 390,000 radar staked = x 7 bonus = 10 months staked minimum to qualify
420,000 / 450,000 radar staked = x 8 bonus = 11 months staked minimum to qualify
500,000 + radar staked = x 10 bonus = 12 months staked minimum to qualify

Can change stuff but i means people will come back to there long pro accounts. can also add other stuff to it but this is what i wrote up quick like this is to a target of 30,000 pro members, Once we reach 30,000 pro members or 900,000,000 tokens staked might have to think of adjusting the numbers that’s me trying to keep it simple I’m not the smartest if there’s mistakes feel free to correct em ect,

With the staking bonus in mind (not fond of a staking increase lol this will effect price of radar in a bad way even if its long term holders)

30,000 / 50,000 radar staked = base APY = Automatic upon staking qualify for airdrop
60,000 / 90,000 radar staked = 3.5% APY = 12 months staked minimum to qualify
120,000 / 150,000 radar staked = 4% APY = 11 months staked minimum to qualify
180,000 / 210,000 radar staked = 4.5% APY= 10 months staked minimum to qualify
240,000 / 270,000 radar staked = 5% APY = 9 months staked minimum to qualify
300,000 / 330,000 radar staked = 5.5% APY = 9 months staked minimum to qualify
360,000 / 390,000 radar staked = 6% APY = 10 months staked minimum to qualify
420,000 / 450,000 radar staked = 6.5%APY = 11 months staked minimum to qualify
500,000 + radar staked =7% APY = 12 months staked minimum to qualify

I know these numbers above with the apy are not massive but for a start the 3.5% apy is double what it will be when it reach’s 3.5% apy so take that into account double.
At 7% you would have over a 10% apy even at its lowest point that’s amazing, numbers like 20% 40% is crazy and will effect the token price badly.

Voting should be a given to qualify in fact with zero bonus or rewards for doing so other than like a ticked box. part of this bit basically

• Grow reputation: a mix of onchain action and on platform action. We could filter this in three groups: red, yellow and green. Where Red is no onchain activity, no platform activity. Yellow one of the two. Green is both onchain and platform activity. – For now, platform activity can be Quests, but it could be any form of gamification. If you earned x XP on DappRadar since the previous airdrop, you’re good.

If we do a staking bonus max of 7% i suggest tho keeps it safer. and more EU compliant, This with all the Activity twitter accounts and discord should be enough to dissuade anyone from cheating and sticking to there mains or dappradar accounts ect.

If everyone in pro went to max level 500,000 we would have 20,000 pro members.
which is why i suggested adjustments to if we reach a certain point on staked tokens as well.

The reason to such a high bonus on the airdrop is to again stop people from breaking into multiple accounts there is no need to break from level 2 to level 1 because u ruined ur double APY bonus upon doing so if they try to break down into 3 accounts for a x3 bonus they get a minimal gain at this point with a risk of being blacklisted. Others get a bonus while knowing they safe and getting rewarded for it. so it still in the favour sorta of the cheaters if they can get away with it. but 100% balances it out to a more fair playing field. and i don’t think many crypto projects go out there way to do that.

3 Likes

I like @nederob point system, seems the most fair, because there’s a lot of ways to contribute, some people just have a lot of money, others just have a lot of time and others just are willing to voice and engage in the project’s growth. They should all be valued and that’s why I like it.

I do wonder tho if it would be nice to have some points to liquidity providers too, I think the pool’s rewards are enough but might promote the pools a lot if we ever need it.

3 Likes

Before I share my thoughts, I just wanted to say that I’m happy to see us working together and trying to find the best solution for this challenge. I’m excited to see this happening for more and more initiatives going forward.

I want to add some context about the PRO Airdrops, so we can better understand the goals and guide our thought process towards the most appropriate solution.

Why airdrops?

It is critical to understand why we have embarked on this mission to attract rewards for one of the most important categories of users on DappRadar: PRO Users.

We started with the OP airdrop, which was allocated by the DappRadar core team from the RetroPGF grant that we received from the Optimism Foundation for all the work and contributions to the Optimism ecosystem. This first airdrop had multiple goals, including, but not limited to:

• Kick-starting important discussions like this one - what is fair, how can we improve the process,
  • Rewarding the group of users that believes in what we are doing and is an active member of our community,
  • Showcasing the possibilities and the opportunities that can arise in a thriving environment like DappRadar.

Airdrops are a journey for many to discover new blockchains, new dapps, or new ecosystems. Our partners are interested in engaging with an active community that is willing to explore new frontiers and that are not afraid to be early adopters. This is where the PRO community shines. A community of users that is up to date with the industry trends, that lives in a multichain world, and is active across different universes like gaming, defi, socialfi, nfts, or others.

Where could the airdrops come from?

DappRadar is tracking 60 blockchains, has over 16k projects listed, and has plenty of partners in the Web3 space. What is everybody looking for? They’re looking for users, builders, attention, volume, on-chain and off-chain activity, engagement. Nurturing an active and curious PRO community will make it the perfect target for all these Web3 projects. Being a PRO user is more than just someone staking 30,000 RADAR tokens. Being a PRO user makes you a Web3 Explorer. Using all the benefits and opportunities offered by the PRO membership and the community around it should push you to seek innovation at all times.

We present the PRO community to our partners as a group of individuals eager to explore new realms and embrace new experiences. This should position PRO users as an attractive group for inclusion in airdrop criteria by projects seeking a strong user base.

I wrote this to contextualize the PRO Airdrops initative and to highlight how activity and dedication to Web3 are becoming crucial factors, not only for us but also for our potential future partners.

Potential solutions

1. Short term: We could strictly look into the amount of tokens staked and start with a base amount for every PRO user and then have increments for every 10k RADAR staked, adding an additional 2%-3% to the base amount, with a hard limit at not more than 20%-30% from the base amount. This is a very basic solution, but it would encourage users to stake more in 1 account rather than creating multiple accounts.
  2. Long term: I think the suggestions coming from @vandynathan, @madeafterdeath, or @nederob are very valuable. A combination of DappRadar account age, activity, level, tokens staked should be taken into consideration. Including external factors like voting on proposals, being active on the forum/telegram/discord, or others could be important as well, but it looks like a more difficult solution for the first iterations.

We will likely need an iterative approach, focusing on quick improvements, monitoring PRO users activities and behaviors, evaluating airdrop success metrics, and reviewing feedback from potential partners. It’s encouraging to see such engagement here; let’s collaborate to ensure this becomes a success, step by step.

5 Likes

Addresses with long-term staked tokens should receive more airdrops.

1 Like

how would like say if you staked for 12 months at 30,000 radar, without taking it off and you got a x1.25 bonus on the air drop and a 1.75% APY boost. that could fit into the the line up i made i guess as a bonus for long term staking >.> or something along them lines?

I dont think we should touch the APY for now, let PRO grow and establish itself more at first, already got the 30 day lockdown which is fair, plus would get the bonus airdrop from time/tokens staked, I think that’s good and simple enough.

That tier system is good and i agree with it but for later down the road in my opinion.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @madeafterdeath @vandynathan @Alex-Mammoth @nederob @jpcmr @daode and @dragos for your contributions. Your feedback is really helpful. We will start with some short term solutions and evolve it on the way by tracking the user behaviors. We will keep on having the discussion here in the next phases.

3 Likes