Co-Authored by: DappRadar (@Alex-Mammoth and @vandynathan)
As we transition to DAO 2.0, it is important to provide more opportunities for the community to contribute to the success of the DappRadar platform & the DAO. The Ambassador Pilot Program aims to achieve this by initiating a two-months period for selected community members to choose roles where they can contribute to and support our vision. This Proposal outlines the high-level features of the Pilot Program, including requesting a budget to remunerate the participants.
DappRadar’s vision is a testament to the importance of community in our success. Our community members, including RADAR holders, developers, contributors, delegates, meta-governors, and others, are integral to achieving this vision. We believe fostering a passionate and engaged community is essential for DappRadar’s growth and sustainability.
To ensure success and sustainability, it is crucial to build trust within the community. Additionally, the community’s contributions and governance efforts are essential for the DAO’s success, which is critical for DappRadar’s operations. Therefore, community involvement and collaboration are integral to the growth and success of the ecosystem.
The ambassador program is an excellent way to push the vision and grow the community from within. Ultimately, our vision underscores the importance of community building in achieving our goal of becoming the World’s Dapp Store built by millions and used by billions.
The DappRadar Ambassador Pilot Program is a community-led initiative to increase brand awareness, drive user acquisition, and foster engagement. This program seeks to expand the DappRadar ecosystem and establish relationships with dapp communities, users, and other DAOs across the industry by creating a community of passionate supporters.
A DappRadar Ambassador is critical in contributing to the growth of the World’s Dapp Store and empowering users to participate in the Web3 industry. They also can be part of a supportive community of like-minded individuals committed to creating a more accessible and inclusive decentralized ecosystem.
The DappRadar Pilot program will be a two-month experiment to assess how deep community engagement can support the growth of DappRadar & the DAO. Insights gained from the program will shape future Ambassador Programs as we develop more contribution opportunities.
We plan to select five ambassadors to represent the community and fill the mentioned roles.
- Application process will open up for 10 days from May 9th to May 16th
- Interview and screening period will be from 19th of May till the 27th of May
- Select and announce the ambassadors on the 30th of May
- Kick-off Season 0 on the 5th of June!
We propose distributing the budget for our Ambassador Pilot Program equally among our 5 ambassadors. The program will run for 2 months, and we will allocate a budget of 200,000 RADAR, which equates to 20,000 RADAR per ambassador per month.
Distributing the budget equally is a fair and transparent way to compensate our ambassadors. It ensures that each ambassador is paid consistently and acknowledges the value of their contributions to the program. It also fosters collaboration and teamwork among the ambassadors, as everyone works together towards a common goal with equal compensation.
Furthermore, dividing the budget simplifies the logistics of managing payments, as there is no need to calculate individual payments based on workload or performance. This approach will allow us to focus on measuring the program’s effectiveness and adjusting the budget distribution based on the results.
- Increase in brand awareness and boost credibility by targeting dapp owners and developers to establish DappRadar as a trusted industry partner.
- More engagement with stronger and diverse relationships in our ecosystem
- Increase internal knowledge regarding Web3 gaming’s potential opportunities and the emerging sector.
- This proposal requires financial costs and additional operational effort to start and maintain throughout the period of the Program, which could potentially delay other work
- Limited geographic reach: The program may face constraints in expanding industry presence and reaching untapped audiences in certain regions due to geographic limitations
- It is unclear how valuable the output would be for the first Program
- FOR: Agree with the current structure and remuneration package for the Ambassador Pilot Program
- Disagree with the structure and remuneration package